Here is an email that Ben just sent out. We are encouaged by their strength and confidence in the Lord!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Prayers from the 4 corners of the earth have been such an encouragement and source of support and strength. Thank you. Please keep them coming.
The last few days have been nothing short of a whirlwind as we try and figure out what is going on. Here are a few things we know:
* God is in control. He has Susie and the baby in His care. You have no idea how comforting this is for me.
* Susie has a brain tumor. It is large and needs to come out.
* We found a surgeon. Yesterday was a day where we were praying about the right surgeon to use. A little after midnight, we met the right one – Dr. Glickman! Even though we were tired, confused, and on a roller coaster, God provided crystal clear clarity that he is the surgeon for us. God clearly answered that prayer.
* Today, the prayer is for a clear plan of action. We should have a plan by the end of the day, as we've consulted with various doctors – neurologists, neurosurgeons, and high risk OB doctors. Please pray for wisdom that we would have a plan that addresses how we will get the tumor out and keep Susie and the baby safe.
* Also, pray that we would get discharged today to go home for a few days. Most likely, we will look at surgery the week of February 7th, after the Giants beat the Patriots!
* We are so thankful for all the support that we have been showered with – the prayers, the meals, the visits, texts, calls, facebook (I think we officially went viral) - Thank you. For those of you who would like to help in some way, we will send out some communication next week, as we have a chance to gather ourselves over the weekend, and think through the journey ahead for us.
God continues to provide for us everything we need, every day. The road ahead is long, unknown and will require some major adjustments. We'll take them a day at a time and continue to rest in the Lord and what He has for us. May the Lord be glorified in this process and may we be faithful to worship Him. We appreciate you all so much.
Ben & Susie